Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Inspiration

I'd love to say that inspiration has struck, but it's more like it has crept in, nestled behind my ear and started whispering sweet nothings to me.  Although that's a bit of a misnomer, since they're not sweet and certainly not nothing.  Between us we've conjured a prologue scene of medieval torturous proportions.  And that's all I'm saying about specifics for now.  

Needless to say, with a whole three hours of sleep under my belt and a less-than-riveting workload today, it's a tad challenging not to just immerse myself in my own head and let it flow.  Of course, that's also the beauty of composing in my head...no one has to know what the wheels are turning.

So inspiration this time started with a dinner date out with friends last week.  Two sentences from someone whose opinion I trust and who has always been unfailingly supportive and I'm off and mentally running.  (Thank you again, Lady!  :)  )

For the last few days, amidst catching up episodes of Battlestar Galactica (yup, I finally caved on that) and calming the felines from the noise of the fireworks, my brain has been churning the pieces.  Threads from random thoughts have cast on and are beginning to weave.

I just hope that it will yield a complete project this time.  Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Just make sure there is enough bodice-ripping, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL One of the other options I've been considering is erotica. ;) If not in this one, then in that. :P

    ReplyDelete