Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Quiet Night

I love the night, when the house is settled.  It's not particularly quiet, with the sound of the dishwasher running in the kitchen, the heater coming on now that we're moving into Autumn. But all the other beings here are sleeping or near enough to....and it's just me with my thoughts.


Some nights that's not good.  When thoughts take me down a restless path, ruminating on situations and circumstances that I can't reclaim and can't lay to rest. 


Other nights, like tonight, it's just peace-making.  Where I can enshroud myself in the comforting focus that is usually so hard to attain during the day, and where I can regain a little sense of myself.  


At this time of year, I'm taken back to so many distinct memories, and all of them bear the weight of emotional discourse.  They flow over me like water over well-worn stones, pulling me gently along to their conclusion.  


It would be easy to say that I could stay there forever, but I know myself too well.   But for now - for tonight - it's enough to visit.


Nights like tonight, I can believe anything of myself.  My goals, my dreams, all there for the taking.  I just need to reach out.

1 comment:

  1. Awww that's beautiful. *snuggles*

    Then Richie starts to snore and I stomp around upstairs and FUCK IT ALL UP FOR YOU!

    Why don't you hate us? Seriously?

    ReplyDelete