Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Crafty!

I dabble in crafts.  Which is to say, I'd love to spend a lot more time doing them but I think beads, threads, cross-stitch patterns, jewelry findings, glue gun, and yarn would probably be obvious at work.  As being not work-related.    


I recently took a glass fusion class and it was a lot of fun (of course, part of that was likely the company of my galpal and also the fact that I took the afternoon off work!).  The pieces came out pretty good for a first try and I thought I'd blog-brag.  (Plus I wanted to write something today but I'm brain dead and this is mostly pictures.  SCORE!)




Swirled dish







Dragonfly Suncatcher



Pendant


There's another pendant piece but I cannot for the life of me get a decent picture of it.  Will probably have to string it and wear it to have a picture.

I'm really pleased with the way they turned out.  Now we just need to move so I can be closer to the studio and make things more often.  Plus, they have a free-martini-and-play-with-glass-evening every week.  What's not to like?







3 comments:

  1. Show off. :p
    bah, Ii had a neato link to post for you but can't find it now. Tune in later. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! :) I'll stay tuned. (Which in Canada actually means drunk...LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool!!! I wish I had crafty talents!

    ReplyDelete