This is a guilt post. I know, I know, it's my blog and I shouldn't feel guilty but I haven't posted since mid-January. MID-JANUARY. You people were just left hanging and I didn't even come back and check on you. No Kitty, that's a bad Kitty! (Yes, I've been watching Southpark, damn you Netflix streaming!)
So what's new? Oh right this is really one-way communication unless y'all comment back. Hey, there's an idea. What do YOU all want me to talk about? Leave me a comment or an email (ceriserose at gmail dot com) and suggest something. I may not use it, but at least then I'll know who of you have opposable thumbs and who don't.
Now on to why I'm posting. I have no topic so today it's going to be all about things random.
1. I'm completely addicted to Pandora Radio. If you haven't tried it, you absolutely should. You set up a station or two based on artists you like and it gives you other similar artists in the mix and plays you all sorts of songs. I've rekindled love for some artists I'd forgotten about and found many new ones. (And in a related rhetorical question, just how many covers of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" are there anyway?!?)
2. I've been having trouble getting back into the novel, but it's mostly due to storyline threads that I keep either changing or losing. One of my favorite writers posted a picture of her work space on Facebook and it hit me. I should be using post-it notes to keep track of the plot. Only instead of a wall (since my work space is wherever my rear-end lands), I bought some neon-coloured (heh, Canadian) 11x14 poster board and will use those. Since I'm trying to keep two separate storylines going before they converge, this should help immensely. Since my head just doesn't manage that kind of convolution.
And aren't I a meaniehead for mentioning the book that I haven't finished writing and continuing to whet your appetites? Yes, yes I am. :)
3. My house makes me crazy. We've been spending a good deal of time doing renovations for the last several years and "stuff" just keeps getting moved from one pile to another, one room to another. This Spring I've decided to just sit down and get real with all this stuff, and sort the crap out of it. (It can't read, so unless one of you tells the stuff what my plans are, it shouldn't be forewarned and hide or multiply or something. And you won't do that because you so don't want to awaken my ire. Plus, just by reading my blog you are automatically entered on my side and must work with me not against me.)
Websites keep showing me ads for Professional Organizer Certification. The Internet is just taunting me now.
4. I have yet to get out my end-of-year/Christmas/Yule/New Year's letters. (Actually I have yet to write one, but that's beside the point.) I have a strong suspicion that those are not going to happen for several months. I've decided that maybe I'll just do a late Summer one, since I've come to realize over the years, that September is when my mind and body re-set for the year. Of course, most of you that know me, and know me well, know better than to hold your breath on that score.
5. Wow, made it to 5. Um, well this is getting really long, so I think I'll just stop and figure out what to actually write for next time. :D