Monday, September 3, 2012

Holy Crap, it's September Already!

Hi!  Remember me?  Yes, I'm still here.  I hope you're still here too...otherwise I'm talking to myself.  It wouldn't be the first time, nor, daresay, the last.

Now that the season of activity is winding down and our social life down to its usual simmer over the rapid boil that was our summer, I'm getting back into "projects".    These are everything from house stuff (did you know that it never ends?  I mean seriously), crafts, reading, and of course, writing!  While it's not all blog related, there should be a good increase of that from the current dry-as-dust riverbed with its teeny trickle.  

The goal I started on September 1st was to write daily.  This is in preparation for the NaNoWriMo event that kicks off November 1st.  Unlike last year, this year I plan to be prepared when I start, and hope to even attend some of the local 'write-ins'.  

Of course, I missed September 2nd, but it wasn't my fault.  I had to watch Slither again.  (Hey, there's only so many hours in a day!)  Plus, don't look at me like that, I'm a grown up - at least chronologically.


Okay, now life stuff.  Just what have I been doing when I wasn't here?


  • Kicking ass in Munchkin.  Not always winning but doing much better with the game in and of itself.  Of course, it helps that one of the rules encourages cheating (a tasty paradox).  Being the good girl I am (shut up!), I tend to play fair unless I'm allowed to play dirty.   This sets me up in the perfect scenario because I'm told to be bad.  Oh, it feels soooo good.  ;)
    (By the way if you don't know about Munchkin or haven't played, you are a loser!  Okay not really, but honestly, super fun stuff there!)
  • Job!  OMG so much volume, and lots that I'm still learning.  Apparently from all sources I'm kicking ass there too.  Come to think of it, if anyone wants their ass kicked, apparently I'm your gal.  Step right up!  I think I still have my Dad's old steel-toed boots around here somewhere.
  • Being social.  Or should I say Social.  Because it is a fairly auspicious event when a cave troll manages as much time outside the cave as I have, so I think it deserves to be capitalized.  Especially since I can't take my happy little Xanax pills right now, so I've been going straight.  (The horror, the horror.)  Let's not ask Mr. Eggshells how many breakdowns before and after each event I've had...it'll be our little secret.
  • Traveled!  Starting with a trip to Eastern Washington for a wedding, and most recently a whirl-wind trip to Seattle, we've been uncustomary in our "out of the house" time.
  • House 'stuff'.  Continuing work on the bathtub install/bathroom renovation.  This is the last major thing to be done before a few minor ones and then we can list it.  Because commuting an hour plus each way for work bites.  And not in a good way.  Starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel...
  • Grieving.  One of my dearest friends has had devastating loss in a brief period of time.  Considering my history with loss, this situation has brought to me some things I've needed to cope through.  I've valued it, though, because it's helped me be in the right mental place to help her through where I can.  Which has been very important to me, and I hope, of help to her.
  • Writing!  I have been writing, just not here, and never as much as I'd like.  You know, if anyone wanted to adopt me so I could just write all day, every day, I'd be okay with that.  Let me know.

    Anyway, I have a few different writing projects on the go, and am enjoying them.  So at the very least there's that.  My hope is to actually finish one or two even.  

But now I may need a nap.  This was a lot of thinking for a holiday Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment